Looking for the real truth on which beauty products are worth the investment? Wondering how to interpret the trends—without looking like a clown? Want some expert advice on how to update your makeup, skincare, hairstyle and brow shape? Wish we could finally meet and just go beauty shopping together?
Well, I have some big frickin' news to share! You're invited to "Confessions of a Beauty Editor"—a very special night I'm co-hosting exclusively for beautyeditor readers at Hudson's Bay in Toronto. It's gonna be MAJOR!
Here's why you should come
First of all, I would love to meet you! And your friends! This BEAUTY EDITOR ship has been sailing now since 2009 (yikes, where IS that wrinkle cream?) and while it's awesome connecting over the Interwebz, bonding over beauty products in person is always The Best.
And then, of course, there's all the awesome things on the agenda for the big night:
- BEAUTY GOSSIP: Our fun and informal sesh will be co-hosted by myself and Dave Lackie, editor of BEAUTY the guide (which featured little ol' me in this month's issue; check it out!). We'll be chit-chatting a bit about the beauty biz and what it's really like, plus sharing some of our own celebrity gossip. Questions welcome!
- THE TOP SPRING TRENDS & HOW TO WEAR THEM: I'm gonna show you my favourite makeup looks for this season—looks that are fun updates on your existing makeup routine, yet are still totally easy and wearable. ('Cuz that's what I'm all about, really. Taking the intimidation out of beauty!) We'll talk about techniques and top products, too.
- FREE MINI-MAKEOVERS: Wanna try out one of the trends? (And see how easy it is to switch up your look?) Score a mini-makeover from brands such as NARS, Chanel, YSL and Lancôme.
- FREE HAIR CONSULTATIONS: Thinking about changing your hairstyle or colour? I'm thrilled to announce that celebrity hairstylist Bill Angst—who has also been my longtime trusted hairdresser—will be doing complimentary cut and colour consultations throughout the night. (To see how awesome his advice is, just check out all the online consults he's been doing on this site lately.) Golden opportunity here, folks!
- FREE EYEBROW CONSULTATIONS: You know how I always carry on about my "eyebrow lady"? Her name is Mary Dang—of Eye Love Brow & Beauty Bar—and she, too, will be on hand to give you guys freebie brow consultations. Words cannot express how much my arches have improved under Mary's care. She analyzes not just your brow-hair growth but also your face shape and facial expressions to recommend the perfect brows for you.
- MY TOP PRODUCT PICKS: Do you know how much good stuff is sold in The Bay's beauty department? A lot. I've hand-selected my favourites, all of which I've personally tested and think are worth the investment. We'll be chatting about them in person at the event, or you can shop online at the beautyeditor store-within-a-store.
- DOOR PRIZES AND GIFT BAGS: OMG! Some sweet (and $$$) beauty loot is up for grabs, including a free Clarisonic and a free Tanda Pearl teeth-whitening system. Plus, every guest will go home with a stylish patent tote bag filled with tons of beauty samples. Woo hoo!
How to score your spot
The festivities are taking place on:
Thursday, May 23rd
at 6:00 pm
at Hudson's Bay, Queen Street store
(176 Yonge St. at Queen)
Tickets are $15 each, redeemable in product on the night. (And, um, I can totally help you figure out what to get!)
There are only 50 spots for this VIP event, available on a first come, first served basis. So clickity-click ASAP to reserve yours—friends welcome too.
I can't wait to see you!