Up in Smoke Let Amanda Seyfried’s shimmery, smoky eyes be your weekend makeup inspiration

Amanda Seyfried Lovelace premiere 2013 Let Amanda Seyfrieds shimmery, smoky eyes be your weekend makeup inspiration

I just stumbled upon this picture of Amanda Seyfried, from the Los Angeles premiere of Lovelace back in August, and I haven’t been able to get it out of my head all week—so much so that I copied this exact makeup the other night. (I think it was a success?) Maybe it’s all the gift ideas I’ve been writing lately, but I’m starting to feel très festive, and this kind of glittery meets smoky eye is just what I feel like wearing.

It was done by celebrity makeup artist Georgie Eisdell, and since Amanda is the Clé de Peau Beauté global spokesperson, she naturally wore all their products.

Let’s zoom in for the close-up:

Amanda Seyfried Lovelace premiere 2013 2 Let Amanda Seyfrieds shimmery, smoky eyes be your weekend makeup inspiration

Amanda has the most amazing wide-set eyes, so I’m glad they decided to play them up with black liner all the way around in the waterlines, black mascara and then a halo of shimmering grey smokiness. I know some blonde, blue-eyed women feel the black tight-lining can be a little harsh for their colouring, but I have to say, for evening I absolutely love it. A more muted shade just wouldn’t make her eyes pop this much. (And as for the mascara colour, I’m with Sabrina Rinaldi, who told me the other day: “I think every woman should wear black mascara.” Word.)

Georgie used this quad to create the smoked up look (case sold separately):

Cle de Peau Beaute Eye Color Quad Refill in 205 Let Amanda Seyfrieds shimmery, smoky eyes be your weekend makeup inspiration

I love this palette for blue eyes. The charcoal and the medium grey are good for shading, while the other silvery ones can be for highlighting or dialing up the shimmer.

This cream eyeliner was used to define the eyes:

Cle de Peau Beaute Intensifying Cream Eyeliner1 Let Amanda Seyfrieds shimmery, smoky eyes be your weekend makeup inspiration

And then lashings of this mascara to build a really thick fringe:

Cle de Peau The Mascara Let Amanda Seyfrieds shimmery, smoky eyes be your weekend makeup inspiration

On her lips, Amanda is wearing this shade:

Cle de Peau Beaute Extra Rich Lipstick in 107 Let Amanda Seyfrieds shimmery, smoky eyes be your weekend makeup inspiration

It definitely looks more sheer on the lips that I would’ve thought from the product shot.

On her cheeks is this blush (case sold separately):

Cle de Peau Beaute Cheek Color Duo in 1 Let Amanda Seyfrieds shimmery, smoky eyes be your weekend makeup inspiration

I like that it’s a neutral blush and not too pink, which would’ve been too many cool tones on the face with the grey eye makeup.

I doubt Miss Amanda needed much to perfect her beautiful skin, but she’s wearing this foundation:

Cle de Peau Beaute Silky Cream Foundation SPF 23 in I10 Let Amanda Seyfrieds shimmery, smoky eyes be your weekend makeup inspiration

And this colourless powder to tame shine:

Cle de Peau Beaute Refining Pressed Powder 2 Let Amanda Seyfrieds shimmery, smoky eyes be your weekend makeup inspiration

Here’s the final look one more time for the win:

Amanda Seyfried Lovelace premiere 2013 3 Let Amanda Seyfrieds shimmery, smoky eyes be your weekend makeup inspiration

Love, love, love it. It’s amazing how huge you can make your eyes look when you pile it on! I think the colour palette is neutral enough to work with any colouring, but it’s extra-pretty with the light hair and eyes. (Because c’mon—you brown-eyed folks got to have that amazing Penelope Cruz look all to yourselves, remember? So Team Blue Eyes gets to have this one.)

Get the products

Have your say

What do you think of Amanda’s makeup here?
Have you tried any of the Clé de Peau products Georgie used?
How have you been wearing your smoky eye lately?

Jane
Friday, November 15/2013 at 7:50 pm

Jaw droppingly gorgeous! Ahhh that Cle de Peau makeup is killing me. The lipstick, the neutral blush (swoon!) and the anti shine powder are all calling to me!

Thursday, November 21/2013 at 11:01 am

Yep this is definitely one for us light-haired girls! Cle de Peau makeup is crazy expensive but SO nice. (And everyone should have their concealer, of course.)

PS – you’re looking hawt in that pic!

Stefanie
Friday, November 15/2013 at 8:05 pm

Beautiful products here. Really like the look of that foundation. I would have really rather seen a matte lip (same colour would look great) with this super-glittery eye look, though.

Thursday, November 21/2013 at 11:03 am

I hear you – that would’ve looked nice! I haven’t tried their liquid foundation but have a couple of their powder foundations and they’re very nice. Usually I loathe powder foundations as they’re so drying, but the Cle ones are extremely light on the skin and not cakey.

Nomadic D.
Saturday, November 16/2013 at 9:49 am

So glad you posted this because I have actually been fantasizing about a glittery smoky eye. I know that sounds ridiculous but it’s true. Only in my fantasy it’s a little more golden, less cool-toned, and the products used are more budget-friendly. Suggestions?

Thursday, November 21/2013 at 11:10 am

That’s so funny! For a less expensive shimmery eyeshadow palette this one comes to mind: http://www.revlon.com/Revlon-Home/Products/Eyes/Eye-Shadow/Revlon-PhotoReady-Primer-Plus-Shadow.aspx They have a few warmer shade combos. I think Revlon’s powder shadows have better colour payoff compared to other drugstore options.

Nomadic D.
Thursday, November 21/2013 at 11:26 am

Thanks for the recommendation! I’m searching for the perfect gold glittery shadow now, maybe in Nars or MUFE or something. Definitely going to do something along these lines for the holiday season!

Audrey
Monday, November 18/2013 at 11:46 am

I love how she hasn’t botoxed the shizz out her face/ doesn’t appear to have added any weird fillers or anything, she looks like a real person

Angela
Monday, November 18/2013 at 1:48 pm

I was just going to say this. I’ve been FREAKING out recently because I have very similar lines on my face, thnking that I was aging rapidly as other stars my age don’t have them…turns out, some do! THANK GOODNESS. huge sigh of relief.

Audrey
Monday, November 18/2013 at 7:36 pm

I feel ya. Retinol baby, retinol. It’s the ONLY thing that actually works. Olay has some decently priced “pro retinol” (watered down versions of retinol) which are drugstore so they go on sale from time to time. The best real retinol treatment I’ve ever tried is from Futurederm.com though

Thursday, November 21/2013 at 11:15 am
Thursday, November 21/2013 at 11:13 am

Yes! I love her and love that she’s rocking some fine lines in between her brows and on her forehead. She’s only 27 so I’m wondering if it’s just the makeup here making them look more noticeable? I have to say, in my early beauty editor days I once had my makeup done by a Cle de Peau artist who put the entire collection on my face all at once… it was so heavy and drying that it gave me wrinkles that didn’t exist before! I was horrified and washed it all off as soon as I got home. Maybe they just used too much powder on Amanda and she’s suffering from the same problem!