The arrival of summer weather (if not technically summer yet on the calendar) always makes me want to wear a white manicure. Here's a fun idea from editorial manicurist Jin Soon Choi to dress it up: playful blue strokes in a cool blue that give it an arty vibe. This mani kinda reminds me of old blue and white porcelain patterns from the Orient. You?
Here's the easy how-to:
1. File and shape your nails to a natural square shape.
2. Apply a base coat such as JINsoon Power Coat.
3. Apply two coats of a white polish over the entire nail bed. For this look, Jin used JINsoon Nail Lacquer in Kookie White, a white tone with a hint of grey and blue.
4. With a thin brush, create thin lines using a blue polish (such as the one Jin used here, JINsoon Nail Lacquer in Cool Blue). Paint the first line from the top of the nail at a diagonal, ending at the opposite side of the nail. Then paint the second line perpendicular to the first line, about a third of the way down the nail. Continue painting at right angles from the previous line (as shown in the photo) until you reach the end of the nail.
5. Apply a top coat, such as JINsoon Top Gloss, for a lasting glossy finish.
And behold! Pretty, summery nail art:
Shop the Story
Find JINsoon polish online at the following retailers:
Have Your Say
What do you think of this line nail art?
Have you tried any of the polishes from JINsoon?