With the World Cup kicking off in Brazil, all eyes are on the sunny South American country this summer (as well as those hotties on the pitch!). How could you not long for an escape to that dreamy destination? But you won't need a passport for a quick trip to Rio or Sao Paulo—because these beauty products will instantly transport you to the land of bright bikinis, refreshing Caipirinhas and more than a few A-list supermodels.
Here are my picks for the best of Brazil-inspired beauty:
1. Sephora Collection Escape to Rio Rouge Cream Lipstick in Neon Rouge Samba: Inspired by Carnivàle, this neon coral lippie is Brazil in a bottle. If you're going to wear a lipstick this summer, make it a traffic-stopping shade like this one.
2. OPI Nail Lacquer in I Just Can't Cope-acabana: What more could your nails need than OPI's spring Brazil collection? It features this vibrant yellow as well as sandy neutrals like Taupe-less Beach and bright pops of colour like Where Did Suzi’s Man-go?. See my review here and decide which is your fave.
3. LaCoupe Orgnx Brazilian Keratin Miracle Masque: If you dream of healthy, shiny, frizz-free hair (like Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen), then this line is for you. The entire collection is sulfate-free and has keratin, cocoa butter and avocado oil for protection against dehydration and heat. Yes, please.
4. Revlon Rio Rush ColorStay Eyeshadow Quad in Exotic: That purple! That yellow! Swoon. This shadow quad is part of the limited-edition Rio Rush collection by Revlon global artistic director Gucci Westman. There's another shadow palette called Wild, along with lip colour, liner and nail polish. So yes, I'll take them all, please.
5. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Polish in Samba: This green is part of an eight-piece matte glitter collection that'll get your tips ready for the big game. I feel like I’m roaming the streets of Rio already.
6. Adidas Get Ready! For Her Eau de Toilette: So now you're starting to look Brazilian, but do you smell the part, too? This new, yummy scent features notes of watermelon, grenadine, orange, water lily, sweet sugar cane and amber.
7. Clarins Colours of Brazil Summer Bronzing Compact: I can’t get enough of this (nearly too gorgeous to use) bronzer. With a matte finish and just a hint of shimmer, it's the product you need to get your Brazilian glow on.
8. Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Limon Verde Eau de Toilette: Made with cachaça (sugar cane hard liquor), sugar and lime, the Caipirinha is Brazil's national cocktail—and the inspiration for this equally refreshing, unisex fragrance. (See Michelle's review here.)
9. Dermadoctor Brazilian Bombshell Skin Perfecting Body Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 30: We all know Brazil is the home of the teensy-weeny bikini. Before you dare to bare, protect and perfect your skin with this imperfection-blurring SPF body moisturizer.
10. Lipstick Queen Jungle Queen Lipstick: Be the queen of Brazil's Amazonian jungle with this universal lipstick shade (somewhere in between red and orange) that is specifically designed to flatter every skin tone. See Michelle's review here.
11. L'Occitane Brazil Hugs & Kisses Duo: Formulated with ingredients sourced from Brazil, this hand and lip duo will keep fingers soft and your pucker moisturized for when your favourite team scores the winning goal—and you can't help but celebrate with a kiss.
12. The Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Butter: This rich body moisturizer uses Brazil nut oil to nourish skin for up to 24 hours; it also imparts an addictively sweet, nutty scent.
13. Tarte Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Face and Body Self Tanner: You can't think of Brazil without thinking of a golden tan. We beauty people like the faux kind—like this subtle face and body tanner made with vitamin E and maracuja oil.
14. Nest Amazon Lily Rollerball: Lime, tangerine, driftwood, and musk are the notes in this exotic floral, the perfect post-game scent. (Also see Michelle's review of Midnight Fleur, another Nest scent, here.)
Shop the Story
Have Your Say
Have you tried any of these products?
What's your favourite Brazil-inspired beauty item?
If you're watching the World Cup, which team (or hottie) are you rooting for?