For Lepore’s Spring 2015 collection, which was inspired by the California coast and the south of France in the 1960s, nail artist Julie Kandalec created a gradient look that mimics the effect of sea water rushing to the shore. What a lovely idea! Can you see it?
Get the Look
1. Apply Essie First Base Base Coat to clean, filed nails.
2. Next, apply two coats of Essie Nail Polish in Mint Candy Apple.
3. Once dry, dip a makeup sponge in Essie Nail Polish in Blanc and blot polish over the tip of the nail.
4. Then, take the makeup sponge and gently press halfway up the nail, creating an opaque gradient away from the tip. Less Blanc pigment should be applied the further up on the nail you go.
5. Follow with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.
Pro tip: Use a piece of wax paper as a palette instead of applying polish directly to a cosmetic sponge for greater control of the colour.