Yet another negative space design to add to the ones we've seen so far out of New York Fashion Week (which would be Charlotte Ronson and Dion Lee, if you're keeping track) was the mani at Sophie Theallet Spring 2015.
To go with the collection's island vibe, nail artist Julie Kandalec chose shades of pale pink and aqua, and painted them just on the tips of an otherwise bare nail bed. The result is fresh and graphic.
Get the Look
1. Apply Essie First Base Base Coat to clean, filed nails.
2. Next, brush on a neat arc across the tip of the nail with two coats of Essie Nail Polish in Fiji; thickness should be wide enough to accommodate the double-coloured arc.
3. Next, dip an angled eyeliner brush in polish remover and clean up the smile line.
5. Once dry, apply one coat of Essie First Base Base Coat over the entire nail.
6. Finish with Essie Good To Go Top Coat, making sure to cap the free edge of the nail.