I love the idea of 'doll-like' makeup, which was the order of the day at the Altuzarra Spring 2015 show at New York Fashion Week. (Makeup artist Tom Pecheux described his inspiration as "a doll with a sick mind"... alrighty then!)
As usual on the runway, it was an exaggerated look—I don't think too many of us are going to be copying these exact lashes anytime soon.
But consider a more subtle interpretation by brushing your mascara wand straight UP in the centre, instead of the usual diagonal direction towards the outer edges. That's a great way to open up the eyes for a more doll-like look without being so over the top. And don't forget the pretty pink lips and cheeks.
Tom used all MAC products to get this look.
Get the Look
1. Blend Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer over hydrated and primed skin for a flawless, matte finish.
2. Sweep Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder over the entire face to set.
3. Blend Must Have Melon and Go Guava from the limited-edition Trend Forecast Spring 2015 Lip and Cheek (coming fall 2014) over the tops of the cheeks for a flush of colour.
4. Curl the lashes. Cut and place 3 Lash through the centre of the lashes. Layer Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara over top and follow with an application through the centre of the lower lashes to create a doll-like effect.
5. Press Spring Sensation from the limited-edition Trend Forecast Spring 2015 Lip and Cheek (coming fall 2014) onto the lips using the 242 Shader Brush, and push to the edges for soft, natural definition.