You might think it's the pregnancy hormones that are behind Rosamund Pike's impossibly radiant-looking skin at the recent New York premiere of 'Gone Girl'. And sure, they're probably part of it.
But we can also attribute her lit-from-within glow to the specific application technique and combo of products used by her makeup artist, Melanie Inglessis. What she did here—mixing and blending a bunch of different things on the skin—was seriously WAY cool.
So let me tell you about it! But first, check out the head to toe:
Pulling an Angelina leg move, I see! Nice. By the way, we should get ready to start seeing a lot more Rosamund, as I hear she's VERY good in this movie alongside Ben Affleck. Like, a Kate Winslet or Nicole Kidman level of good. (I knew there was something special about her after she gutsily stepped out with a practically bare face on the red carpet last year, and hit my beauty radar.)
Here's her close-up:
And here's what you need to do to fake this glowy skin look—even if you're not expecting a kid anytime soon.
How To Get Rosamund Pike's Lit-From-Within Glow
2. Apply the foundation mix to the face using a dampened Beautyblender sponge, starting from the middle of the face and blending outwards. That way, most of your coverage is in the centre, where you need it, and softly diffuses out for a natural finish.
4. Set the makeup with a translucent talc-free powder (try Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder), applied lightly all over with a big brush. Then, take a smaller brush to more densely mattify specific areas, such as the T-zone.
5. Dust Sisley Phyto-Touche Illusion d'Été Bronzer all over the face to add depth and glow, focusing on the cheekbones, forehead and neckline.
6. On the apples of the cheeks, apply Physicians Formula Nude Wear Glowing Nude Blush in Rose for a soft flush.
7. Using the black kajal from the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Trio in Warm Nude, create a thick line along the top lash line. (It doesn't need to be precise, as it will be smudged.) Next, use a cream shadow to feather the line for a softer effect. Also add the cream shadow to the crease for definition. Using the warm brown kajal, define underneath the lower lash line to create depth.
8. Curl the lashes and apply two coats of Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Va Va Voom Mascara.
Here's the finished look:
So now we know that luminous skin isn't just a matter of foundation alone. It's foundation (maybe two of them), plus concealer, highlighter, powder, bronzer and blush.
Yes, that's a lot! But the payoff is oh so luminous skin, and this is makeup you could wear every day—or night. Your thoughts?
Shop the Story
Have Your Say
What do you think of Rosamund's glowy skin look here? Have you tried any of the products Melanie used on her?