Usually, bronzer is one of those things that gets packed away come October—along with the sandals, shorts and (sob!) summer dresses.
But Jessica Alba is here to show us that it needn't be so. At the recent Global Citizen Festival in New York City, she may have been wearing a pretty basic black, fall-ish outfit... but she paired it with super-glowing, bronzey skin. And instead of looking out of place, it was amazing:
What pulled it together, elevating the summery skin into something very chic, were the cat eyes, of course. Makeup artist Quinn Murphy drew them fairly thickly in black, and they follow the shape of her eyes, extending outward just so in the perfect curvy flicks.
THIS is how you keep your bronzer going into fall, my friends. A smoky eye would look a bit heavy against this skin, I think, and you don't want to pair bronzer with summery colours like turquoise or coral. Graphic black liner is the ideal solution—it's a nod to fall, but you don't have to sacrifice your glow.
Wanna know how to recreate this? I've got the exact step-by-step of what Jess is wearing:
How to Get Jessica Alba's Cat Eyes and Bronzed Skin
1. Prep skin with moisturizer, and then apply Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base to create a smooth surface and help the makeup to last.
2. Conceal imperfections with RMS Beauty "Un" Cover-Up in 44.
4. Apply NARS Matte Multiple in Vientiane on the edges of the face to create dimension: under the cheekbones, temples and under the jawline. Also apply it to the centre of the eyelids, blending upward and out.
5. Sweep NARS Blush in Deep Throat on the apples of the cheeks.
6. Subtly contour the cheekbones using NARS Bronzing Powder in Casino, which is softer than a traditional taupe contour shade. Apply the same bronzer to the centre of the eyelids, blending upward and out.
7. Apply Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Gel Eyeliner in Onyx along the top lash line, making the line thicker on the outer edges and giving it a flick for a cat eye effect.
8. Apply Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara in Steel Black to the top and bottom lashes.
9. Finish the look with a sheer peachy bronze lipstick (Jessica is wearing her own lipstick here, but try MAC Cremesheen + Pearl Lipstick in Peach Blossom).
Here's how it came together:
Super-cute, am I right? This is one of the best looks I've seen on Jessica for a while now—she's really glowing here!
Shop the Story
Have Your Say
Do you wear bronzer right into fall? What do you think of Jessica's makeup at this event?