Halloween just wouldn't be complete without the requisite faux-blood manicure. This bloody nail art (and I use the term "bloody" descriptively, not as a perjorative!) was created by top nail artist Jin Soon Choi. And it couldn't be easier to copy.
Here's the step by step:
Bloody Nail Art Tutorial
1. File and shape your nails to a natural square shape.
2. Apply a base coat. (Jin used her own JINsoon Power Coat.)
3. Apply a white shade to each nail. (Jin used her own JINsoon Nail Lacquer in Kookie White.)
4. Take a red shade (Jin used her own JINsoon Nail Lacquer in Coquette), and wipe off all the liquid from the brush onto the neck of the bottle. Using short, varying strokes, apply the polish from the top to bottom of each nail.
Tip: Change up how long the strokes are for a more realistic effect, and don't be afraid to blot it in a few places.
5. Go over the strokes you made with the red (JINsoon Nail Lacquer in Coquette) using a darker red (Jin used her own JINsoon Nail Lacquer in Audacity). Apply it in the same way, but in fewer places. The goal of this step is to create depth, to make the red look more realistic.
And you're done!
Shop the Story
Find JINsoon polishes at the following retailers:
Have Your Say
What do you think of this bloody nail art? Have you tried any polishes from JINsoon?