Christmas may be getting closer, but we've still got another month of fall left—so why not dress up your fingertips to match?
This freehand leaf look was created by nail artist Jin Soon Choi (whose clients include Lady Gaga, Drew Barrymore, Taylor Swift and Emma Stone). Jin painted the leaves in bright coral, blue and orange, over a nude base, but you can reinterpret the design in any colour scheme you like!
Here's the step by step:
Leaf Nail Art Tutorial
1. File and shape your nails into a long oval shape.
2. Apply a base coat. (Jin used her own JINsoon Power Coat.)
3. Apply a pinky-beige nail polish to each nail. (Jin used JINsoon Nail Lacquer in Nostalgia.)
5. Using a thin brush and a metallic black nail polish (Jin used JINsoon Nail Lacquer in Nocturne), draw the stem of the leaf first. Then, do quick strokes on each side of the stem at slight diagonals.
6. Complete the look with a clear top coat. (Jin used JINsoon Top Gloss.)
And voilà, you've got quirky, chic autumn nails!
Shop the Story
Find JINsoon polishes at the following retailers:
Have Your Say
What do you think of this leaf nail art? Have you tried any polishes from JINsoon?