So this isn't your typical Valentine's Day mani! Combining negative space with layers of colour and freehand hearts, it evokes the crafty feel of a homemade Valentine. (But of course, still chic.)
This design was created by nail artist Jin Soon Choi, who tends to the tips of Lady Gaga, Drew Barrymore, Taylor Swift and Emma Stone. Here's the step by step:
Heart Nail Art Tutorial
1. File and shape your nails into a long squoval shape, and apply a base coat. (Jin used her own JINsoon Power Coat.)
2. Using a pale pinky-nude polish (Jin used JINsoon Nail Lacquer in Doux, coming spring 2015), draw a zigzag line close to the centre of the nail, and then fill it in to the tip. You should end up with what looks like two rectangles of different sizes joined together.
3. Using a coral-pink polish (Jin used JINsoon Nail Lacquer in Coral Peony), trace above the first zigzag. Make sure to leave enough negative space at the cuticle line.
4. Using a red polish (Jin used JINsoon Nail Lacquer in Coquette), draw hearts over the pale pink layer.
5. Finish with a glossy top coat. (Jin used JINsoon Top Gloss.)
Here's the finished look:
Shop the Story
Find JINsoon polishes at the following retailers:
Have Your Say
What do you think of this heart nail art? Have you tried any polishes from JINsoon?