If you're anything like me, one of the key reasons for loving a shampoo is the way it makes your hair smell.
I think I'd rather hug someone and be told, "Your hair smells amazing!" than have them comment on my actual fragrance. There's something about scent in your hair that seems less in-your-face and potentially offensive compared to when it's on your body.
And now there's a new way to have subtle, pretty-smelling hair without having to rely on either your shampoo OR a regular perfume.
There are three scents to choose from: Rose Fraîche, Citron et Menthe and Crème Vanillée. (How français of them!) What's even cooler is that they match up with Fekkai's existing cult-favourite hair products.
- Rose Fraîche has the same fresh rose notes as Fekkai's Technician Color Care collection. I'm no rose fan, but I totally dig this—to me it smells more like yummy candy than old-lady rose.
- Citron et Menthe smells the same as Fekkai's Full Blown Volume collection. Even though it's based on citrus and mint, it's more sweet than fresh. I love this one too.
- Probably my favourite is Crème Vanillée, which is based on Fekkai's PrX Reparatives collection. It's your classic creamy vanilla with a hint of musk—so subtly sexy.
These scents do contain alcohol, but much less than a regular fragrance does. And apparently their small amount is nothing to worry about—it should evaporate in the air before the fragrance even hits your hair.
In fact, these perfumes could actually HELP the condition of your hair, because they're specifically formulated to add shine, prevent static and combat frizz. (And what a fun way of doing that versus a regular hair serum, right?)
To apply them, you're meant to hold the bottle four to six inches away and mist evenly through dry hair. If your tendency is towards limp hair, I would make sure to mist closer to the ends and avoid your roots because of the aforementioned conditioning effects.
These are great for getting yucky scents out of your hair (like coffee shop smell... ewww!). And they're also the perfect thing for second-day hair, when you need a little somethin'-somethin' to freshen up and tame the frizzies. Let me know what you think!
Where To Buy
Find Fekkai Hair Fragrance Mists at:
- Canada: Amazon.ca, Shoppers Drug Mart
- US: Drugstore.com, ULTA Beauty, Amazon.com, Birchbox, Dermstore, Beauty Bridge, Beauty Encounter
Have Your Say
Is hair scent important to you? Have you checked out this hair perfume?