If you've been looking for the most thoughtful, useful, pretty, perfect present for Mom... well, I'm here to help!
Whether she's into skincare, relaxation or just likes cute things, these are my 19 most favourite gift ideas this year.
Beauty Gift Ideas For Mom — Click to Shop:
- Bottega Veneta: No perfume is classier than Bottega's. Knot Eau Florale is the limited edition, slightly more floral version of the regular Knot. It just smells expensive, in the best way possible.
- Karen Walker: The New Zealand fashion designer teamed up with Sephora on a mini collection, which includes this gorgeous tortoiseshell Amber Compact. It doesn't feel cheap at all, and one side of the mirrors is even 3X magnification. Trés handy for Mom's purse!
- Mason Pearson: If Mom doesn't have the Cadillac of hair brushes in her arsenal yet, why not make the investment for her? Go for the "Junior Mixture" Hair Brush, which is so gentle but can be used for detangling, styling, stimulating circulation and redistributing natural oils. I can't live without mine!
- PMD: If Mom loves medi-spa treatments like microdermabrasion, she can recreate the results at home with this Personal Microderm Device Kit. It uses the same type of technology to buff away dead skin cells, making the complexion look smoother and brighter... 70 four-star reviews can't be wrong!
- iluminage: It's no secret I love my Skin Rejuvenating Pillowcase, which is embedded with copper oxide. It sounds crazy, but there's legitimate science behind its skin benefits—which include increasing skin smoothness and decreasing the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Sephora Collection: If your Mom wears makeup, then she needs a sturdy makeup bag. The Voyager is my favourite one. Not only the design super-durable, but the limited-edition rose gold animal print is sooo adorable!
- Guerlain: For the chic Mom, a Rouge G lipstick is the ultimate. Guerlain has amazing lipstick formulas, and the vintage-inspired case (complete with a mirror inside) makes it even more special.
- Filorga: Currently, this is my Mom's favourite results-driven anti-aging skincare brand... and since she's pretty discerning, your Mom will probably love it, too. Their Ultimate Anti-Aging Night Cream comes in a luxe oversized jar and the cream is actually black, as you can see in the photo at the top! (Don't worry, it disappears when you apply it.) So cool.
- Prevage: Another reco via my beauty junkie Mom is this Body Moisturizer. The texture is gorgeous, the scent is subtle, and it really works to improve the appearance of sun-damaged skin.
- Haflinger: Every Mom can use some slippers. If she's a cat lover, she'll heart you for these comfy Cat Slippers. The appliqués are too cute!
- Laura Mercier: For the makeup-wearing Mom, this Daring By Day palette provides just about everything she'll need. You get an array of neutrals for eyes and cheeks, and they go on sheer, not too pigmented.
- T3: Mom deserves a decent hair dryer. Featherweight 2 is the best because it dries hair fast and leaves it feeling more moisturized and less frizzy. It's no joke!
- White + Warren: I gave my mom this Cashmere Eye Mask last year, and she still says it's one of her favourite presents EVER. In 100 percent cashmere, it's obviously the most luxurious eye mask around.
- Pinch Provisions: For the MacGyver Mom, a Minimergency Kit ensures her purse or car will be well-stocked for any emergency. You get 17 mini items, including elastics, lip balm, bandages, a nail file and double-sided tape.
- enVY: I've been sleeping on this Anti-Aging Pillow and love it. It's very comfy—the design supports your spine, and keeps your face and neck in proper alignment (therefore preventing sleep-induced wrinkles!).
- Clinique: Electronic face-cleansing brushes are all the rage right now, so let Mom in on the action with this Sonic Cleansing Brush. Moms love Clinique, and the gadget was developed by dermatologists, so it won't harm the skin.
- Kusmi Tea: These loose-leaf teas come in tins that are perfect for gifting, and you get 15 of them in The Collection. Strawberry green tea, Detox tea and Kashmir Tchai tea are just a few of the flavours... yum!
- Sonoma Lavender: This leopard-print Neck Pillow is made of soft faux fur, and contains a removable, lavender-scented flaxseed insert that can be heated or chilled. These are great for easing Mom's tense shoulders and just generally relaxing.
- L'Occitane: No Mom gift guide would be complete without hand cream, and there are five in this Hand Cream Collection. L'Occitane ones are very nourishing, thanks to the high percentage of shea butter.
What's your favourite gift this year for Mom?