“I was inspired by the rich colors and prints of the collection, which had a kind of French Riviera feel about it, and I wanted to create a contrast against the high glamour of this look. I wanted the girls to be cool, young and fresh, and their hair to look like it has been in the sun all summer long—so it had variation in color and an arid texture. I wanted the girls to look like they’d been in the Hamptons for the summer and were now back in the City—the contrast of the rich clothes against the fresh, textured hair was what I was after."—Eugene Souleiman, global creative director, Wella Professionals.
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner for Volume.
2. At the show, Eugene and his team added extensions, but when working with natural hair, roughly blow dry the hair to create volume and body.
3. Spray Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray on to dry hair, then wind into a low bun and pin in place, using the hair as a roller by winding the hair back on its self.
4. Apply heat from a hair dryer with a diffuser to the hair, make sure it’s thoroughly dry, and then change the setting to cool to ‘set’ the hair.
5. Once the hair is cool, remove the pins from the hair to release the bun, and run your fingers through the hair to break it up a little and create some texture. The finished look should have a slightly ‘raw’ feel to it.