"Classic East Village cool girls—natural, easy hair with touches of faded colour."—designer Peter Som. Hair was styled (by Eugene Souleiman, global creative director for Wella Professionals) to look undone in a tousled texture. Patchy streaks of pastel-hued extensions (by Aura Friedman, colourist at Sally Hershberger in New York City and Wella Professionals colour ambassador) were woven throughout.
“The collection is all about an uptown/downtown clash—women who are a bit undone but still chic.”—Peter Som.
Natural hair extensions were custom-coloured by Aura Friedman using Wella Professionals colour. She used shades of tourmaline, amethyst, teal, denim and dusty rose for a smoky, antique effect. To get a dip-dye look at home (on your own hair or over extensions), follow these tips.
1. Wash and condition your hair using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo, Conditioner and Treatment to preserve the brilliant shade and shine of colour-treated hair.
2. Towel dry and apply Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier, which primes hair for a smooth finish.
3. Allow your hair to air-dry for natural texture, or loosely blow-dry with your hands to achieve a tousled effect.
4. If you're using hair extensions, part your hair in the middle and insert the extension pieces throughout until you reach your desired amount of colour.
5. Lightly mist Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz throughout the hair to create texture.
6. Twist your hair into a loose, low bun and secure with a clip, allowing the hair to set for a loose wave effect once the clip is removed and hair is hand-combed to loosen the waves.
7. For the finishing touch, rub a dime-sized amount of Wella Professionals Texture Touch between the palms of hands and then gently massage the top of the hair in the areas where added texture and roughness is desired.