Last week, we talked about Selena Gomez's off-the-face summer hairstyle idea. Now, here's another one, this time from Kate Bosworth—which is not just off the face but off the neck, too!
At the launch of Kate's new Style Thief fashion app in Los Angeles last week, what caught my eye was her gorgeous braided updo. So lovely, this look! And would be très romantic with a feminine summer dress (Kate's is from RED Valentin0).
Also, just in case you were wondering, the braid thing is not going away anytime soon. I recently interviewed a celebrity hairstylist for an upcoming FLARE story, and she confirmed that braids—in all shapes, sizes and styles—and still totally on trend.
And apparently, quite DIY-able as well! Before we get to the tutorial, here's the full frontal:
And here's the back:
Celeb stylist Bridget Brager says you can follow these steps to get the look at home:
1. Mist damp hair from roots to ends with Phyto Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray:
2. Roughly blow-dry, using your hands to lift the hair away from the scalp for added volume.
3. Create a deep side part.
4. Starting at the crown, begin braiding forward, so the braid falls toward the hairline for a soft, romantic look. Start second and third braids at the temples, braiding the hair back on each side. Loosen the braids as you go to create a textured, undone look.
5. Apply a touch of Kevin Murphy Easy Rider anti-frizz cream to each braid to tame flyaways and boost shine.
6. Weave the braids together around the back of the head for a halo effect, using bobby pins to secure them at the nape.
7. Finish with a light mist of L’Oréal Paris Elnett Hairspray:
Shop the Story
Have Your Say
What do you think of Kate's hair here?
Are you still feeling the braid trend?
Would you try this at home?