The Oscar de la Renta Spring 2015 show might get the award (if such things existed) for the prettiest makeup of all New York Fashion Week. The skin was luminous, the lips were berry-stained and—best of all—the eyes were decorated with sharp flicks of winged liner.
“I was inspired by some of the more graphic prints in the collection,” says makeup artist Gucci Westman, who created this look using all Hourglass products. “It’s all about gorgeous, effortless beauty.”
Get the Look
1. Prep the skin with Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer and follow with Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint for a luminous complexion. Conceal any dark circles or imperfections with Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer.
2. Create a soft-focus glow on the cheeks with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. Lightly contour with Radiant Light (sun-kissed golden beige). Then apply Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat (vibrant poppy) to the apples of the cheeks. Finish up by highlighting with Incandescent Light (a pearlescent shade).
3. Sweep Hourglass Calligraphy Liquid Eye Liner along the upper lash line, flicking the liner up and out. Repeat the application to create a thicker line. Follow with Hourglass 1.5mm Mechanical Gel Eye Liner to enhance the black tone.
4. Finish up with two or three coats of Hourglass Film Noir Mascara on the top lashes.
5. Perfect the brows with Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil.
6. Prep the lips earlier with Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil. Apply Hourglass Opaque Rouge Lipstick in Empress (deep aubergine), and use your fingers to diffuse the colour. Finish with a dab of Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil for a subtle sheen.