At the Cushnie et Ochs Spring 2015, it was all about the graphic black cat eye, a runway classic.
This time, it got updated with an extra-dramatic shape, extending diagonally towards the outermost edges of the brows, and also squared off at the inner corners, dipping down at the tear ducts.
It also didn't keep to the lash line. This cat eye functions as both liner and shadow, since it has a strong horizontal shape whose top edge finishes at or just above the crease.
The rest of the makeup stayed fresh and clean, save for bold brows emphasized with my new obsession, Maybelline Brow Drama (coming in October!).
Makeup artist Yadim created this Cleopatra-inspired look using all Maybelline products.
Get the Look
2. Contour the cheeks with the beige shadow from The Nudes Palette. Apply Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream-Gel Shadow in Barely Branded as a highlighter on the chin, cheekbones, bridge of the nose and the inner corners of the eyes.
3. Apply Eye Studio Color Tattoo Leathers 24HR Cream-Gel Shadow in Dramatic Black to the upper eyelids, drawing the line out into a bold cat eye with a sharp, graphic edge.
4. Define and fill the brows with Brow Drama (available October 2014).
5. Apply Baby Lips Lip Balm in Quenched over the eyelids for a glossy effect.
6. Apply Baby Lips Lip Balm in Quenched on the lips.