Despite what other tutorials may say, you don't, in fact, need eggs to create the look of eggshell nail art. (Yes, it's a thing! For Easter!)
Instead, celebrity nail artist Jin Soon Choi has created a version that mimics the crushed look using white and coloured polishes alone—and as you can see, it's SO pretty.
Here's the step-by-step, with no actual eggs harmed in process.
Eggshell Nail Art Tutorial
1. File and shape your nails into a long squoval shape, and apply a base coat. (Jin used her own JINsoon Power Coat.)
2. Apply two coats of a white nail polish, such as JINsoon Nail Lacquer in Kookie White.
3. Using a thin brush, draw intersecting lines on top of the white in a colour of your choice. Here, Jin started with a lime yellow (JINsoon x Tila March Nail Lacquer in Charme) on the pinky finger.
4. Next, Jin used a bright mint blue (JINsoon Nail Lacquer in Poppy Blue) on the ring finger.
5. On the middle finger, Jin used a magenta (JINsoon x Tila March Nail Lacquer in Farouche).
6. Then she applied a green (JINsoon x Tila March Nail Lacquer in Tila) on the index finger.
7. The final colour was a blush pink (JINsoon Nail Lacquer in Dolly Pink) on the thumb.
8. Finish with a glossy top coat. (Jin used JINsoon Top Gloss.)
Shop the Story
Find JINsoon polishes at the following retailers:
Have Your Say
What do you think of this eggshell nail art? Have you tried any polishes from JINsoon?