Welcome! If it's your first time here, this page contains our best resources to get you started.
The mission of Beautyeditor is to help you:
- Improve your skin,
- Edit your product routine, and
- Discover safe, effective beauty solutions.
We share advice, tutorials, guides and product recommendations for maintaining a clear and youthful complexion. Our inside-and-out approach is all about common-sense nutrition, balanced hormones, and non-toxic topical ingredients that deliver visible results.
Besides skincare tips, we also feature expert interviews, makeup reviews, hair advice and celebrity beauty inspiration.
Ultimately, our goal is to help you feel more confident through self-care and self-love. By learning the fundamentals of healthy skin—and how to enhance it—we hope you'll be inspired to celebrate your unique beauty!
I'm Michelle, the founder of this website, and a former magazine beauty editor. I've been studying skincare for more than a decade, and I LOVE sharing my findings!
Prior to launching Beautyeditor, I was beauty and health editor at Elle Canada and The Look. I've also written for many of the top publications in Canada, including Elle, The Globe and Mail, Chatelaine, Flare and Fashion.
It was a struggle with my own skin issues over the years (which I've now resolved) that led me to research physiology, hormones, nutrition and skincare ingredients. My hope is not only to help you become a more educated beauty consumer, but to also empower you with the ability to improve your own skin—safely, naturally and healthfully.
My team includes:
- Bill Angst, celebrity hairstylist
- Tony Chaar, celebrity hairstylist
- Dr. Nowell Solish, consulting dermatologist
We're always happy to hear from our readers, so feel free to contact us if you have a question or just want to say hello.
Here's how you can stay up-to-date with us:
- Instagram: We share daily beauty tips and product recommendations. Make sure to check out our Instagram Stories for a peek at the latest product arrivals and press events. You'll also stay informed of when new articles are posted.
- Facebook: This is where we post new articles, breaking news and our most popular beauty tips. We also share articles from other websites that we think you'll find informative or useful.
- Twitter: We also share our new and best articles here. If you have a beauty question, this is the best place to ask it—response time is generally much faster than email!
- Pinterest: If you love great visuals, this is the place for you. We have boards for Celebrity Beauty; Skincare Tips; Makeup Tips; Beauty Products & Reviews; and many more!
- Beautyeditor Premium: If you'd like a faster, ad-free experience on this website, you can support us by becoming a Premium member. It costs less than a monthly magazine subscription, and the first month is FREE! Find out more here.
Here are some of our best articles to get you started.
- How to Check Your Beauty and Skincare Ingredients
- How to Choose the Best Moisturizer: 8 Things You Need to Look For
- 7 Reasons to Avoid Silicones on Your Skin
- Why Salicylic Acid is the Best Acid for Your Skin
- Why Squalane is the Best Face Oil
- The Best (and Worst) Sunscreen Ingredients: What to Look for When You're Buying a New Sunscreen
- The Problem with Skin Types: Why It's Better to Treat Your Skin Concerns Instead
- This is Why Your Skin is So Dry (and What to Do About It)
- How to Use Acids and Retinol in a Skincare Routine
- How to Use AHAs, BHAs and Vitamin C in a Skincare Routine
Can't find what you're looking for? Please check our Frequently Asked Questions!